My brother Jan Lachauer and I just released the first version of a
webapp that let's you draw and edit animated gifs on desktop or mobile
The server side is programmed in Python (gif creation and upload to
tumblr/imgur). We use localstorage
to auto save the drawings
on the client side, so you can continue whenever you come back to the
app from the same device.
Animated gif created by animation wunderkind Jérémie Périn, done with gifery. More animated gifs in the gallery.
A video of an early version of the app. A description of all buttons and hotkeys can be found here.
The following features are implemented till now:
- draw in true color with transparency and variable brush size
- works on mobile devices (tested on iPad and iPhone)
- upload your gif to imgur and tumblr
- import existing gifs to edit or view frame by frame
- auto-save in case you want to continue editing later
- fill shapes
- pick colors
- onion skin (to see the frame before and after)
- copy and paste frames